Come ampiamente preannunciato da Apple durante il keynote tenuto qualche settimana fa, nel corso del quale il colosso di Cupertino ha svelato i nuovi iPhone 6s ed iPhone 6s Plus, è disponibile dalla serata ieri gratuitamente su Mac App Store la nuova versione del sistema operativo desktop della Mela, OS X El Capitan.
Questo importante aggiornamento porta con se una vasta gamma di perfezionamenti ed aggiunte, tra cui la Split View per le applicazioni, informazioni sui trasporti pubblici nelle Malle, ma anche miglioramenti a Spotlight, Note ed Email. Inoltre, è anche presente un nuovo font – San Francisco - , che abbiamo già avuto modo di vedere su iOS 9.
Questo il changelog ufficiale:
Make the most of your screen with Split View.
- Focus on two apps at once – neatly arranged side by side — in full screen without distractions.
Take control of your desktop with Mission Control.
- View all your open windows in a single layer with no overlap, so you can instantly find that window you’re looking for.
- Create a new desktop space easily by dragging a window to the top of your screen.
Smarter search in Spotlight.
- Search for weather, stocks, sports, web video, and transit information right in Spotlight.
- Use your own words to search for files on your Mac, like “Documents I edited yesterday.”
- Resize the Spotlight window and move it anywhere on the screen.
Handy improvements in Mail.
- Use your trackpad to manage your inbox with a swipe, just like on iPhone. Swipe right to mark as read or unread, or swipe left to delete.
- Mail automatically suggests contacts and events from your messages to help you keep your Contacts and Calendar organized.
- An improved full-screen view lets you switch between your inbox and your draft email messages.
A simple and powerful all-new Notes app.
- Format your notes with titles, paragraph headings, bullets, numbers, and checklists.
- Save rich content like photos, videos, documents, PDFs, web links, and map locations.
- Easily search and browse the content from all your notes in the Attachments Browser.
- Add content to a note directly from other OS X apps using the Share menu.
- Create notes on your Mac and they’ll automatically sync to your iOS devices using iCloud.
New ways to organize and enhance your images in Photos.
- Photos automatically organizes your library and helps you edit like a pro with simple and powerful editing tools.
- Access your library on all your devices with iCloud Photo Library.
- Add or edit location data, and batch change titles, descriptions, and keywords.
- Sort your albums and the photos in them by date, title, and more.
- Use third-party editing extensions to take your photo editing to the next level.
Better surfing in Safari.
- Keep your favorite websites open, up to date, and easily accessible with Pinned Sites.
- Choose a font and theme for Reader, including Sepia and Night themes.
- Mute web page audio from the Smart Search field.
Maps, now with Transit view.
- See transit lines and stations for select cities, including subway, train, bus, and ferry routes.
- Plan your trip based on when you want to leave or arrive.
- Research your trip on your Mac and share it to your iPhone or iPad for use on the go.
- Designed for Retina displays, beautiful system font San Francisco is crisp, clear and space efficient.
- PingFang (苹方), the new Chinese system font, is designed for crisp readability in both Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
- Hiragana Sans, the Japanese system font, now features additional weights.
- Four new Japanese fonts let you add a personal touch to documents and presentations.
Improved input methods for Chinese and Japanese.
- Type Chinese more quickly with an improved character prediction engine and a smarter candidate window.
- Write multiple Chinese characters using the trackpad and the new, roomier Trackpad window.
- Live conversion automatically transforms Hiragana into written Japanese as you type.
Faster graphics with Metal.
- Enjoy faster, more efficient system-level graphics rendering.
- Experience a richer, more immersive gaming experience.
- Create content more quickly with accelerated high-performance apps.
Snappier performance for everyday tasks.
- Launch apps and switch between them more quickly.
- Access email and render PDFs more quickly.